Last Modified: 2013-07-20
First Posted: 2008-06-06
I entered this in Phenotype’s Zoids Forum Contest in February 2006. The initial darthing took forever, because there were just so many pieces to paint. Stickers were a grueling undertaking as well. Also, I did a lot of cutting and drilling. I got the idea from Pheno’s Proto Giga page, where he wished it had more of a prototype feel. This said to me: coil springs! Also, all the preview pics for Proto Giga showed shiny armor, not the dullness we ended up with.
I did what I could in the short time I had for the contest, but after that I started looking at it again, and thought about how to fix the things I was still unhappy with. First, I made “dino-accurate” hands by removing the thumbs. I went on a quest for a good three fingered replacement, but it was not to be, so it has tyranno-type hands. Then, I saw WIKD’s custom Giga, which had little guns all along the tail. I decided I would have to do this myself. WIKD sent me some spares, and they worked like a charm. Last, I never liked how Giga’s arms looked like they were flailing madly, so I tried to fix that. I’m almost there…